“The ‘unexpected’ truth that forced Duchess Kate and Prince William to DELAY the important announcement related to Prince George…

Prince George is set to join a new school next year.

Prince William and Princess Kate will likely delay the annoucement of Prince George’s new school for one major reason, according to one expert. The 12-year-old is currently in his final year at Lambrook School, with Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis also in attendance.

The prestigious school only caters for students up until the age of 13, with the young royal just months way from celebrating his 13th birthday. The two potential schools thought to be in the running for George are Eton College – which was attended by Prince William and Prince Harry – and co-educational Marlborough College in Berkshire – which his mum Kate attended. Melanie Sanderson, Managing Editor of The Good Schools Guide has revealed that Kate and William will likely delay the announcement of which school their eldest son will attend as it will “fall under intense scrutiny as soon as it is revealed”.

Speaking to HELLO!, Melanie said: “If the Wales family runs true to form, they will announce Prince George’s secondary school at the eleventh hour, possibly as late as September 2026.”

He added: “They understand that the school itself, as well as George’s new peer group, will fall under intense scrutiny as soon as it is revealed and will probably want to minimise this, allowing the young royal to transition to his new school with as little fanfare as possible.”

Discussing the potential schools, she revealed that she believes Eton is the “most likely choice” for the young royal.

She added: “I believe Eton is the most likely choice for Prince George.

Prince George pictured with his sister and parents earlier this year

Prince George pictured with his sister and parents earlier this year (Image: GETTY)

“In our most recent review, we describe it as ‘traditional, radical, expectation-busting and packed with confident boys with nary a hint of entitlement’.

“To me, this encompasses all the values we are told are important to this generation of royals.”

The Prince and Princess of Wales welcomed their firstborn son on July 22, 2013, closely followed by Princess Charlotte in 2015 and Prince Louis in 2018.